- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Very bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and offers great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Four high refractive index elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element helps to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realize notable color accuracy and clarity.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- Ultrasonic Dual Linear motor and an internal focusing design delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance. An AF/MF switch is also featured for seamless switching between focusing modes.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-sealed design suits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.