Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 12K
- 12K Super35 HDR CMOS Sensor
- 12K 17:9 at 60 fps | 12K 2.4:1 at 75 fps
- OLPF for Reduced Moire and Aliasing
- Updated IR Filtering
- DCI 8K at 120 fps, 14-Stop Dynamic Range
- User-Changeable PL Lens Mount
- 4K Super16 up to 220 fps
- 80MP/frame Blackmagic Raw
- Dual CFast 2.0 or SD Card Recording
- USB-C Recording to Disk/SSD
URSA Mini Pro 12K: Digital Film Revolution
Step your cine-style video recording up to 12K with the URSA Mini Pro 12K Digital Cinema Camera with OLPF from Blackmagic Design. This pro video camera uses a 12,288 x 6480 12K Super35 sensor, a new color science, and up to 14 stops of dynamic range to produce extraordinarily detailed images. The URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF uses an optical low pass filter that minimizes unwanted image interference when shooting in virtual production environments and also offers updated IR filtering. The camera records up to 80MP per frame in Blackmagic Raw and offers flexible recording options that include dual CFast 2.0 card capture and high-speed USB-C output. Recording rates include up to 60 fps in 12K 17:9 full sensor, up to 75 fps in 12K 2.4:1, 120 fps in 8K, and up to 240 fps in 4K Super16.
Rich Film Look with Digital Definition
The URSA Mini Pro 12K’s massive resolution gives you the immersive detail, wide dynamic range, and deep color of film combined with an incredible definition around objects that is perfect for chromakeying, VFX, and IMAX imaging. Oversampling from 12K down to 8K or 4K both improves color and eliminates aliasing for an ultra-smooth look.
Super35 12K Sensor Delivers a Cinematic View
The URSA Mini Pro 12K’s new sensor has a native resolution of 12,288 x 6480 that produces a whopping 80 MP per frame. This sensor is designed with equal representations of red, green, and blue pixels, an 800 native ISO, and 14 stops of dynamic range. In-sensor scaling provides 8K and 4K rates up to 110 fps without cropping or a change in the field of view. The 12K sensor also enables you to reframe shots in post to get an 8K or 4K multicamera look using a single camera.
Virtual Cinema Production
The URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF adds a high-performance, optical low-pass filter that is precisely matched to the 12K sensor. When shooting in virtual production environments, the high frequencies of the LED matrix in video walls can cause problems for ultra-sharp modern lenses and high-resolution sensors, creating interference patterns. Using an optical low pass filter minimizes that interference, which results in a reduction of moire and aliasing. The OLPF also incorporates updated IR filtering that improves far red color response which, when combined with Blackmagic RAW processing for the URSA Mini Pro 12K OLPF, preserves color and critical image detail for new levels of image fidelity.
Interchangeable PL Lens Mount
- The front of the URSA Mini Pro 12K sports an interchangeable PL lens mount, enabling you to choose from an array of current and vintage pro cine lenses from multiple manufacturers.
- Canon EF and Nikon F mounts are available separately for shooters who have their own glass.
Generation 5 Color Science
The Gen 5 color science’s new film curve takes advantage of the huge amounts of color data produces by the URSA Mini Pro 12K’s sensor. The result is more attractive skin tones and improved color saturation for images like neon signs and car taillights.
Efficient 12-Bit Raw Workflow in 12K with Blackmagic Raw
A new codec enables you to use Blackmagic Raw to edit your URSA Mini Pro 12K footage on a laptop and to edit in any resolution without needing to render before your final version.
Lightweight, Ergonomic Form
- An evenly weighted, lightweight yet robust magnesium alloy design makes the URSA Mini Pro 12K perfect for either handheld work or tripod-based shots.
- Additional camera features include 12G-SDI input and output, a 4″ fold-out display, built-in ND filters, ergonomic controls, timecode and reference input, and 48V phantom power XLR audio.
- A digital slate function and lens metadata capture ease your URSA Mini Pro 12K workflow transition from capture to post.
- Camera setup 7.0 includes Blackmagic Raw stills capture and broadcast lens support.
Two Encoding Methods
Choose between Constant Quality and Constant Bitrate encoding as best suits your need. Use constant quality Q0 or Q5 options or the new Q1 and Q3 choices to lock the quality level and enable compression levels to adapt, matching the detail levels of each scene. Turn to Constant Bit Rate 5:1, 8:1, and 12:1 options or the new 18:1 choice when you prefer optimal imaging with predictable and consistent file sizes.
Flexible, High-Bandwidth Recording Options
- Dual built-in CFast 2.0 and UHS-II SD card slots and a SuperSpeed USB-C expansion port provide three methods for capturing 12K video.
- A “Record Raw on 2 Cards” option enables you to record across two cards simultaneously at speeds up to an impressive 900 MB/s to two CFast 2.0 cards, or to 500 MB/s to two UHS-II SD cards.
- The third option is capturing to NVMe SSD drives via a USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port at rates up to 10 Gb/s.